Friday 26 September 2008

10 Good Reasons X Thousand

I'm almost ashamed to admit it was Jason Donovan who said " you give me one good reason to leave me - I'll give you ten good reasons to stay ". Yes, his powers of persuasion may have been up there with Kofi Annan for sheer fluidity, but it didn't stop the accompanying album "10 Good Reasons" being shit-on-a-stick. What Jase lacked back in the innocent, heady days of the '80s was a podcast. Had he employed the considerable powers of this instrument of new media, his paramour would not only have stayed, but she'd have been loyal, continued to buy and recommended the said Antipodean vocalist to all and sundry. We may not have the boyish good looks of Mr Donovan in his pomp ( we do have more on top than he presently enjoys ) but we have 10,000 reasons to use our podcasting services.
The intuitive and pioneering fellows over at the Bristol Enterprise Network were one of our first audio podcasts and they could see the inherent value in the "stickiness" it creates to a website, the authority it lends to your area of business expertise and why having professionals produce it is the only way you get maximum effect. So where do I get this glorious figure of from? I'm sure you know me well enough by now to realise I'm not some marketing johnny come lately who dashes the internet and exhibitions with some ludicrously unjustifiable claim like "Increase your sales by 2,000 per cent". And yes, I do have a flyer for someone asserting just that. What I can say however is that the Entrepreneurs Question Time Event put on by the Bristol Enterprise Network has been downloaded 10,000 times.
Just think how many of those listeners weren't previously aware of B.E.Ns work and how many will join and attend events as a result. For podcasts that work, engage people and yield results come see us.
http://www.wonkanaproductions.com/