Wednesday 22 October 2008

Mind my canapes

You know when you've truly arrived on the business networking scene when the Dean of a University's Business School invites you to a full blown lecture, finger buffet and all.
My company has been formally requested. I shall tread the oaken portals of the William Shapland Lecture Theatre and take my place for the sagacious words of Simon Denny. All hail the inaugural lecture of the Professor of Entrepreneurship! Between delicate bites on a mini chicken satay skewer, I will keenly absorb the austere and enlightening content : " Engagement through Enterprise - The Northampton Model". As a county we've been known for myriad things; shoes, Gian Sammarco (Adrian Mole), Bauhaus, Marc Warren (Hustle and pretty much everything else on tv), Andrew Collins, John Clare and Wonkana Productions. I'm sure the etiquette and manners displayed this evening will be delightful and I'm brushing up my polite small talk as we speak. Have you worked here long? Oh I work for a podcast production company; here's my card...........