Sunday 6 July 2008

Not so super market

It's a creeping disease.

Not having the authority to do anything, save tell you they have "no authority to do anything". As Venus and Serena battled for sibling supremacy ( I can see the movie now.....Sibling Supremacy...."she was a tennis player....and so was she...the goofball comedy of the year, starring Adam Sandler as Venus and Owen Wilson as Serena) Mrs Rose and I ventured out for provisions. A bag of spuds, 4 pack of baked beans, assorted condiments etc etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Until I gingerly slid a box of 4 Sol beers into the already groaning basket ( I know, how deliciously Central American of me! ) Not the most outlandish of purchases, until you discover one Sol was missing. The remaining 3 left to mourn the loss of their dear departed cousin. Consigned to the floor in an earlier mishap or the accomodating side pocket of some shopper's cargo pants. Hard to say. All I know is 3 beers should cost less than 4. Frustratingly, not a viewpoint shared by the cashier, who stuck rigidly to rigid company policy. Perhaps it was my disdain that rang the supervisor bell for her. The shuffling and sub sea level knuckles of the supervisor already told a similarly inflexible story.

"Can't do anything about it", she declared, with all the eye contact of the one in Big Brother who can't see.

3 for the price of 4? Doesn't quite have the ring of Buy One Get One Free, although I wish she had.

There's much better offers if you fill in our contact form and order a podcast

http://www.wonkanaproductions.com/contactus.php