Tuesday 10 June 2008

Home working

It was only when I subjected myself to a segment of the Ken Bruce show on BBC Radio 2 that I stumbled across what can only be described as a pandemic of working-from-home gags. It's a laugh isn't it - that noise you make when you think something's funny.
I shouldn't be so churlish; perhaps Ken and his merry band of listeners have a point. Perhaps the target of their pithy wit is well deserving. Maybe I should take it lying down ( on the comfortable looking and freshly made bed that's so close to my desk - touche ! )
This podcasting lark does mean I spend an inordinate amout of time at my pc. In fact, I feel worse for the dog now than I did when I was 200 miles away and unable to take her out at the drop of a hat. She's only downstairs. In all truth, I'm probably deluding myself that she's comforted and stimulated by my presence only being a flight of stairs away. The reality is far more unforgiving; she wants a walk now!
The Business Plan set by our mentor Harry yesterday is virtually completed. When I say "virtually", I mean in the traditional sense of the word and not that I've been writing it as an avatar in a non existent computer generated world. Good old fashioned slog, that's what's called for. Pen to paper and fingers to keyboard. It's all there - Executive Summary, Marketing Strategy and Proposed next visit to the kettle. Ken Bruce, we salute you!