Wednesday 18 June 2008

From the sublime......

Yesterday was a veritable pot pourri of sales encounters. In particular, two experiences that were about as close as Arctic and Antarctic. The first involved a lavish country venue, seat of extravagant weddings and Sealed Knot re enactments. The second is a hotbed of musical talent and latent celebrity illuminati. I'd put a call in to the former, so we could punt our wedding podcast.
" Claire's out to lunch ", exclaimed the receptionist, " could I be of help ? "
Never one to let a sales lead go cold, I told her that yes, she could be of help and explained who we were and what our wedding podcast was. There was a silence. It was long.
" I'm sorry......I don't understand", she countered, stonewalling my spiel with talk of a PowerPoint presentation they give to prospective wedding clients. My frustration was palpable by this point. After much clamouring for alternative explanations, the penny finally fell into the chasm.
All a very great distance from the way my email to a certain artist liaison company was received. Yes of course they'd like to meet us and naturally they'd like to discuss pod casting. It's what we do.
http://www.wonkanaproductions.com/